GE Voluson S8 Ultrasound
Take the Work Out of Workflow,
- Sophisticated fetal assessment tools to help support earlier, more detailed evaluations innovative probe technologies to support thorough evaluations of even the most challenging patients
- Easy imaging, with system intelligence and probe technology combining to produce outstanding images with minimal user interaction
- Extraordinary image quality—the foundation of Voluson ultrasound— to help achieve a clear view into obstetric and gynecologic exams
- Easy-to-use automation tools that help streamline workflow, forge stronger connections with patients and referring physicians, and control costs Ergonomic design that simplifies how users interact with the system and helps provide optimal
comfort while scanning>
- SonoVCAD heart (Sonography-based Volume Computer Aided Display heart) helps streamline the acquisition of volumetric images of the fetal heart, displaying all six recommended views with the push of one button
- SonoAVC follicle (Sonography-based Automated Volume Count follicle) automatically calculates the number and volume of hypoechoic structures to
speed follicular assessments
- SonoVCADlabor (Sonography-based Volume ComputerAided Display labor) SonoVCADIabor automatically documents the labor procedure to help users evaluate second-stage labor progression.
- STIC (Spatio-Temporal Imaging Correlation) captures a full fetal heart cycle beating in real time, and the volume can be saved for offline analysis
Monitor19-inch, flat-screen, adjustable LCD monitor. The large, high-resolution monitor helps to increase visibility and reduce eye fatigue.
Intuitive User InterfaceConsole adjusts independently from the monitor, creating a flexible work center customizable for each user. Ergonomic and intuitive design provides fast access to frequently used functions.
Convenient Probe Holders and Touch-and-Go ProbesAccommodates up to 4 lightweight, efficient probes—for easy reach during exams and protection during transport
Sleek, LightWeight ConsoleSlides easily into small spaces and moves with ease.
Fewer Keystrokes for Faster ExamsIntuitive design provides fast access to frequently used functions to help reduce exam times and eases learning curve. Automation tools help streamline exams and improve quality.
Volume 3D/4D Imaging- Made EasyMultiple display options provide flexibility with a volume. Take advanced measurements with computational tools such as VOCAL and SonoAVC follicles- Raw Data enables a virtual rescan of the patient after the exam from the console or workstation.
Easy Communication & StorageDICOM compliant and compatible with many EMR systems. USB ports make it easy to share data via memory sticks. The DVD drive doubles as a DVD recorder for streamlined workflow, and WLAN network connection provides wireless connectivity.
- With the addition of advanced probe and image enhancement tools, you can achieve greater visualization to support your decision-making.
- C1-5 abdominal probe for clear imaging of even your largest patients
- Wide bandwidth, high-frequency 30 convex probe (RAB4-8) for consistent image quality from first to third trimester scanning
- 3D wide field-of-view transvaginal probe (RIC5-9W) enabling you to see more anatomical information displayed in a single image Download the probe brochure
Early First & Second Trimester Evaluations
- Voluson’s capabilities allow you to visualize anatomical information with clarity
- VCI (Volume Contrast Imaging) helps deliver higher contrast resolution in the acquisition plane, or all three planes of a volume, enabling higher-quality
HD-Zoom capabilities help users localize regions of interest for closer study.
TUI (Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging) helps simplify analysis and documentation of dynamic studies with a simultaneous view of multiple parallel slices of a volume data set.
Performing Complex ProceduresThe Voluson S8 system provides the sophisticated imaging capabilities that clinicians require for complex diagnostic work-ups and the demands of reproductive medicine, including:
- Coded Contrast Imaging, which allows the detection of a contrast agent inside tissue to help enhance visualization and increase diagnostic cconfidence.
- Ultrasound elastography, a non-invasive, diagnostic technique performed in correlation with conventional B-mode ultrasound. Elastography provides highly- detailed information about internal tissue structures during breast and gynecologic evaluations.
Fetal Cardiac AssistThe Voluson S8 system helps facilitate more detailed fetal cardiac assessments with a suite of advanced fetal echo imaging technologies:
- STIC (Spatio Temporal Image Correlation) enables detailed three-dimensional images of the heart that can be viewed in motion. Clinicians can visualize an entire fetal heart cycle — information that can help improve detection of fetal heart defects.
- Anatomical M-mode helps improve accuracy of arrhythmia assessments and cardiac
- SonoVCADheart (Sonography-based Volume Computer Aided Display) helps streamline the acquisition of volumetric images of the fetal heart, displaying all six recommended views with the push of one button, helping clinicians conduct comprehensive exams.
RealTime 4D technologies.
- Wide-Band Convex
- Wide-Band Micro-convex
- Wide-Band Linear Array
- Volume probes ‘4D’:
- Convex Array
- Micro-convex Array
Transducers/ Probes (*Displayed MHz Range Includes Multiple Transducers)
- Linear Array 4-12 MHz
- Curved Array 2-8 MHz*
- Endocavity 4-10 MHz
3D/ Volume Transducers/ Probes
- Abdominal 2-8 MHz
- Endocavity 4-9 MHz