Philips CX50 Ultrasound
Premium Performance Compact Ultrasound
The CX50 CompactXtreme provides premium class performance in compact ultrasound system – even on technically difficult patients. So you don’t have to sacrifice performance to get the portability benefits of a compact ultrasound product.
Below is a generalized description of this systems technology, specifications, features, and options. The below may not reflect the features and options available on units in our inventory.
The CX50 system and its transducers support a wide range of exams, including abdominal, vascular, small parts, musculoskeletal, breast, obstetrics, gynecology, pediatrics, and adult cardiology. Freehand 3D, 2D, and Philips gold standard Doppler cover a broad spectrum of imaging requirements. Comprehensive analysis packages and QLAB quantification plug-ins streamline workflow for portable studies.
Clinically proven features have been migrated from the iU22 xMATRIX premium system to the CX50 offering a powerful tool to help you deliver your patient care.
- PureWave transducers – provide the ability to image a wide range of patients with one transducer. You can rely on exceptional tissue detail and clarity for your portable studies, including your technically difficult patients. PureWave is supported on curved and sector transducers.
- SonoCT imaging – compounds multiple angles, in real time, into one image with extraordinary structural clarity. No special maneuvers or techniques are needed when scanning so it’s easy to have excellent images from portable studies.
- Advanced XRES – works in tandem with SonoCT, further refining image quality with exceptional tissue differentiation.
Breakthrough workflow solutions:
- SmartExam system guided protocols – easy to use and customize to fit your requirements. Save time, reduce repeated moves, and increase efficiency and consistency of exams.i
- SCAN one-button optimization – quickly and automatically adjusts system parameters in both 2D and Doppler modes based on patient and exam types. Fewer keystrokes are needed and you can keep your focus on the patient.
- Active native data – adjust virtually all imaging parameters on stills and clips of 2D and Doppler data during or after exams, enhancing diagnostic details, shortening exam time, and reducing the need to repeat studies.
- Wireless and wired DICOM connectivity – allow flexibility for data management based on your facility’s setup.Multiport adaptor – allows up to three imaging transducers to be connected to the system, so you can easily switch transducers mid-exam.
- QLAB quantification – provides you with advanced analysis capabilities with plug-ins for 3D Quantification, including iSlice views (GI 3DQ), Region of Interest (ROI), Intima Media Thickness evaluation (IMT) and MicroVascular imaging (MVI). Tissue Motion Quantification (TMQ) and Strain Quantification (SQ) are supported for cardiac studies.
QLAB provides automated and objective methods for quantifying ultrasound data.
- Review and quantification of Philips ultrasound systems image files
- Graphic image file creation in BMP, TIF, JPG and AVI formats
- Remove patient information from QLAB screens and prior to exporting new files
- Exportation of quantification results data into Excel compatible spreadsheet format
- Upgradeable with add-on plug-ins at any time to expand your capabilities from the existing options, or add new ones as they become available
- Compatible with Philips ultrasound image formats*
- Quick and easy access to clinical files and results
- Built-in online help feature in eleven languages
Who will benefit from QLAB?
- Clinicians interested in off-cart cardiac viewing, rendering and advanced quantification in 2D and 3D imaging modes
- Clinicians interested in advanced image analysis tools, such as tissue analysis, and color and power Doppler quantification
- Cardiology ultrasound clinicians doing contrast studies
- Clinicians interested in assessing the intima media thickness of peripheral vascular structures, such as the carotid arteries
- Clinicians desiring to create graphic files for presentation purposes
- Clinicians interested in viewing, manipulating and measuring 3D data sets
SonoCT and XRES technologies – proven clinical results
- XRES Adaptive Image Processing provides real-time image enhancement using proprietary contextual algorithms that reduce speckle, haze and clutter artifacts.
- XRES enhances edges by correcting discontinuities between textured regions allowing improved visualization of real tissue information.
- XRES imaging is a true adaptive image-processing technique using an amazing 350 million calculations per frame of data.
- When XRES is combined with SonoCT, these extraordinary technologies enhance even the subtlest diagnostic features, helping to overcome common challenges in evaluating tissue and defining pathology, while making it even easier to achieve higher clinical accuracy and productivity gains. Clinician users at all levels of experience will find nearly the same levels of clinical clarity in their images using SonoCT and XRES.
Major XRES benefits include:
- Enhanced tissue subtleties
- Increased diagnostic confidence
- Efficient patient throughput
PureWave crystal technology also supports advanced harmonics. Due to the extraordinary bandwidth of these arrays, multiple harmonic frequencies can be utilized providing breakthroughs in resolution and artifact reduction while maintaining superb penetration.
- Highly accurate anatomical data
- Increased diagnostic confidence
- Increased productivity
- Foot Print- USA (HxWxD) 3″x 16.25″x 14″
- Foot Print- Metric (HxWxD) 7.6 cm x 41.3cm x 35.5cm
- Weight 13.6 lbs
- Monitor Size 15.4″ LCD Flat Panel
- Qwerty Keyboard Type
- Adjustable Monitor Tilts
- 1066 2D frame Rate (probe dependent)
- up to 35cm Display Depth (min/max- probe dependent)
- Selectable Dynamic Range
- Adjustable Transmit Focus
- >100 Customizable Presets
- 1 Transducer Port
- B- mode (2D)
- High Frame Rate Color Flow
- Color Doppler Velocity
- Color Doppler Energy
- Color Power Doppler
- Directional Tissue Imaging (DTI)
- Pulse Wave (PW)
- Continous Wave (CW)
- 3D Imaging
- Tissue Harmonic Imaging (THI)
- Auto Optimization
- Panoramic Imaging
- Dual Imaging
- Clip Function
Image File Format
Onboard/ External Storage
- Cine Clips
- Hard Drive 80 GB
AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
System Applications & Reporting
- General Imaging
- Intraoperative/ Interventional
- Veterinary Imaging
Pain Management Imaging
- Musculoskeletal (MSK)
- Breast Imaging
- Reproductive Medicine (IVF)
- Adult Echo
- Cardiac Screening/ Survey
- Fetal Echo
- Pediatric Echo
Transducers/ Probes (Displayed MHz range includes multiple transducers)
- Linear Array 3-12 MHz
- Curved Array 1-5 MHz
- Micro-Convex 5-8 MHz
- Phased/ Sector Array 1-12 MHz*
- Endovaginal 3-9 MHz
- Veterinary (Equine) 5-8 MHz