There are more people present and living longer than in the past. For sonographic professionals this means a range of patient services are needed to meet the health demands of the population.
Diagnostic ultrasound covers a range of clinical applications including:
For physicians considering ways to diversify patient services, ultrasound is an excellent diagnostic tool to improve patient care. Many options for ultrasound machines are available, meeting budgetary requirements. The cost of an ultrasound machine may be less expensive than you thought. Choices are available for cart-based or portable ultrasound machines, allowing for practice flexibility.
Below are 10 reasons to include diagnostic ultrasound in your practice:
- Physicians trained in ultrasound can provide more comprehensive clinical services to their patients
- In-office ultrasound exams improve patient care by comparing physical exams, bloodwork and complete patient history
- Conduct real time evaluation of area of concern
- Evaluate pathology and decide on next steps faster, saving the patient time and money
- Diversify patient service offerings and meet the healthcare demands of an aged population
- Perform biopsies or joint injections using ultrasound guidance with 99% accuracy
- Preventive care includes ultrasound screening, improving patient care
- Advanced ultrasound technology is beginning to rival that of CT or MRI at only a fraction of the cost
- Increase billing revenue for your practice instead of outsourcing to hospitals or imaging centers
- Ultrasound machine payoff can occur within one year of ownership